T V Edwards is backing the international campaigns 16 Days of Action Against Gender Violence, the White Ribbon Campaign and Tower Hamlets Council’s Domestic Abuse, no excuse campaign, by supporting the council in a series of awareness-raising events across the borough.
The council’s domestic violence team is running public events, offering information and support about violence against women and girls. TV Edwards is pleased to be contributing to the community domestic violence training with a seminar on protective orders in family proceedings and volunteering on the community outreach stalls
From November 25 to December 10 Tower Hamlets Council are asking the whole community to condemn violence against women by wearing a white ribbon and signing a pledge not to hurt others.
As many as one in four women, experience some form of domestic violence at some point in their lives. On average 2 women a week are killed by a male partner or former partner: this constitutes around one-third of all female homicide victims
Domestic violence is any incident of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults who are, or who have been, intimate partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality. This includes violence such as female genital mutilation (FGM), so-called ‘honour’ crimes and forced marriage,
The full programme of events for this campaign is as follows:
- November 26, 9am to 3pm: Community outreach stall, Whitechapel market
- November 28, 9.30am to 1pm: Community domestic violence training, Jagonari Centre, 183-185 Whitechapel Road, E1 1DN.
- December 2, 9.30am to 1pm: Community domestic violence training, Tredegar Community Centre, 333 Morville Street, E3 2DZ
- December 3, 9am to 3pm: Community outreach stall, Idea Store Bow, 1 Gladstone Place, Roman Road Bow, E3 5ES
- December 4, 9am to 5pm: Domestic violence and female genital mutilation training, Brady Centre, 192-196 Hanbury Street, E1 5HU This is a free event but places must be booked. Please email Fiona Dwyer on Fiona.email@example.com for further information
- December 5, 9am to 5pm: Domestic violence awareness training, Brady Centre (address as above). This is a free event but places must be booked. Please email Fiona Dwyer on Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- December 6, 9am to 3pm: Community outreach stall, Idea Store Whitechapel, 321 Whitechapel Road London, E1 1BU (
- December 9, 9am to 3pm: Community outreach stall, Idea Store Chrisp Street, 1 Vesey Path, E14 6BT
TV Edwards solicitors provides free legal advice on domestic abuse at Tower Hamlets, Merton and Kingston Upon Thames One Stop Shops on an ongoing basis. For more information on specialist legal advice available on Domestic Abuse please click here.
please download Domestic Violence Pledge