Charlotte qualified as a solicitor in 2015 and joined our Family Finance team in 2017. She has experience in all areas of private family law, specialising in divorce and separation and the financial consequences. She has particular experience in family-run businesses and the complexities often involved. She takes a hands-on, pragmatic approach to cases with more limited assets, encouraging sensible thinking and appropriate boundaries. She also works on cases with very significant assets, often with a particular focus on financial disclosure and assisting clients with their disclosure obligations.
Charlotte also advises parents about arrangements for their children and represents applicants and respondents in cases involving allegations of domestic abuse. She has regularly provided pro bono advice for non profit organisations.
Charlotte's case examples:
- Securing a substantial lump sum payment for a wife seven years after separation when the husband alleged an agreement had already been reached.
- Assisting in a case with multiple businesses and properties where it was argued that the husband’s bad behaviour should be taken into account.
- Achieving a successful outcome for a husband where there was a family business and various assets owned jointly with his family members.
- Successfully securing the return and change of residence for three children to their father when their mother had unilaterally removed them to another country.
- Securing an order allowing a wife and children to remain in the former family home until the youngest child turned 18 years old in a case where there were limited assets.