Is Mediation for me?
Mediation can help if you...
- Lived together, were/are married or had/have a civil partnership
- Are about to separate, have recently separated or have been separated for some time
- Want to sort out arrangements for children or to arrange child maintenance
- Have a child or children with somebody you have never lived with
- Have a shared interest in a financial matter, joint assets, or property
- Are a grandparent or other family member who would like to make arrangements to see a child/children
- Need to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM), before you can make an application to court
- Have experienced domestic violence in the past. The mediator will help you consider if mediation is safe for you at this time