This week, 30 November to 4 December 2020, marks Good Divorce Week.
Can divorce ever be good, I hear you ask? This is a very good question. While divorce perhaps cannot ever be considered good in the most literal sense of the word, an experienced legal professional being involved can help you to make informed and sensible decisions in relation to your divorce, which can in turn assist you and your former partner in progressing your divorce without acrimony or confrontation.
The brainchild of Resolution, the community of family law professionals, Good Divorce Week, is an annual campaign, which raises awareness both of Resolution and its members, and our commitment to working with individuals and families to resolve family disputes in a constructive and supportive manner. We do so in accordance with Resolution’s Code of Practice.
Resolution members sign up to the Code of Practice on joining the organisation. As members, we aim to manage and reduce conflict and confrontation between separating couples. We also support parents and families in prioritising the interests of the children and their welfare when family breakdown happens, as sadly it often does.
Resolution and its members have campaigned for decades for the introduction of no fault divorce. As a result of these efforts and the commitment to end the blame game for once and for all, the Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Bill received royal assent in June 2020. We are hopeful this will come into force as planned in the Autumn of 2021.
However, in the meantime, here at TV Edwards, we will continue to practice in accordance with Resolution’s Code of Practice.
As members of Resolution, many of whom are Resolution accredited, you can expect our team to
- Listen to you, be honest with you and treat you with respect and without judgement.
- Reduce and manage any conflict you are experiencing.
- Guide you through all the options and give you the confidence to make the correct decisions for your individual circumstances.
- Help you to focus on what is important to you in the long-term for your family while balancing the financial and emotional costs of the process.
- Work with others family justice professionals to find the right approach to your particular case and take the most appropriate steps to find best solutions for you.
- Help you to manage stress in what can be an already stressful situation by supporting you each step of the way to your final outcome.
Please contact our team if you are seeking assistance at this time on 0203 440 8346 or via our website.