TV Edwards LLP has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Billing Manager. The successful applicant will possess extensive legal aid billing experience.
Responsibilities will include but limited to:
- To deputise for the Billing Manager and provide managerial level support, training and assistance to staff and fee earners.
- To oversee the smooth running of the firms most challenging civil claims (including matters involving statutory charge and historic UPOA cases).
- To maintain and update the firms purpose built civil billing tracker.
- Provide accurate reports for management and fee earners.
- Liaising with fee earners to ensure files are in good order, responding to queries efficiently.
- Liaise with the Billing Manager and Managing Partner to ensure processes are fit for purpose and provide assistance when implementing new strategies.
- To assist the Billing Department on special projects for the firm including its own billing consultancy arm.
Applicants will have excellent numerical skills. Relevant demonstrable experience of working within a busy billing team. Strong organisational and administrative qualities together with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated and a willingness to learn and expand knowledge and skills. Applicants must be computer literate with an excellent working knowledge
of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Knowledge of Tikit P4W would be an advantage.
Our staff are without doubt our best asset. We offer excellent support and training opportunities acknowledged in our Lexcel accreditation awards and positively encourage every individual’s contribution as to how we deliver services. We use a paperless case management system which allows us to provide flexible working practices.
The application form together with completed equality monitoring questionnaire must be returned to Nicola Senior - HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th November 2019
Anticipated start: December 2019
- Full time – 35 hours per week, although we are open to receiving applications from candidates who are seeking part time hours.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days’ annual leave
- TV Edwards operates a workplace pension scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities
While we thank you for the interest you have shown in TV Edwards, due to the anticipated response, please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TV Edwards are an equal opportunities employer