Adrienne is a very experienced solicitor and is head of the criminal department at TV Edwards. She trained at Hickman Rose and qualified in 2000. She was quickly made a partner and joined TV Edwards in 2008. Adrienne became head of the criminal department in January 2017.
Adrienne has a varied case load, including police station, Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court cases. She has also had a number of successes in the Court of Appeal. Adrienne is extremely empathetic, able to put her clients at ease and gain their trust quickly. She prepares her cases meticulously and will do everything she can to try and secure the best possible results for her clients. Her experience and skills mean that she routinely obtains positive results for clients.
Particular areas of expertise:
Adrienne regularly takes on very serious cases including allegations of murder, drug supply, fraud and serious violence. These complex cases require thorough preparation and Adrienne uses a wide network of experts in fields ranging from pathology, CCTV enhancement, facial recognition and cell site analysis in order to prepare her clients’ defences. Adrienne works with experienced barristers to ensure that all her clients appearing in the Crown Court have the best possible representation and full confidence in their defence team.
Adrienne also undertakes a significant amount of driving cases that involve fatal accidents and has received referrals from insurance companies in relation to these types of cases. Adrienne has substantial experience of instructing accident reconstruction experts, in particular, simulation and visualisation consultants from an incident investigation and reconstruction group.
Notable cases – serious crime
- R v H – Client was one of six defendant’s charged with conspiracy to commit a missing trader fraud. HMRC said that the value of their loss was nearly £13million. Thousands of pages of evidence were considered and experts in computer forensics were instructed to assist presenting the evidence at the trial, which lasted for eight weeks.
- R v O – Three defendants were charged with the high profile murder of male model Harry Uzoka. Adrienne’s client was the only defendant acquitted of murder. The case was covered extensively in the national media.
- R v E – Successfully defended a high profile professional footballer in relation to an allegation of GBH using extensive character evidence at trial. Client found not guilty after two trials.
- R v S – Successfully defended client facing an allegation of murder. The victim was stabbed to the head after gaining entry to the defendant’s squat. The jury accepted that the defendant had acted in self-defence and found him not guilty
- R v C – Client was one of three charged with murder following a fight in retaliation for an acid attack that happened moments before. Following extensive examination of the CCTV of the incident and subsequent movements of the defendants, and the client’s account in evidence, the client was acquitted of murder.
- R v C – Client acquitted of attempted murder. The client was accused of being part of a gang responsible for attacking a fourteen year old rival gang member with Rambo style knives. Following successful submissions to exclude YouTube ‘drill’ music videos the client was acquitted by the jury of attempted murder. Co-defendant was convicted. Covered in by the national media.
- R v W – The client faced an allegation of murder after another male died in a fight. The jury accepted that the client acted in self-defence and acquitted him.
- R v W – Client was charged with others of a conspiracy to kidnap and serious assault on the partner of a rival gang leader. The prosecution was forced to offer no evidence rather than disclose defence requested sensitive material relating to the wider police investigation.
- R v D – Represented a client accused of being involved in an acid attack as part of a gang seeking revenge on two music producers. The trial followed a police investigation and manhunt covered in the national media.
- R v A – Client accused of being involved in a conspiracy to blackmail a high profile businessman in North Wales. The client, who was alleged to be a gang member, was acquitted. Four co-defendants were convicted. Reported in the media.
- R v A – Client accused of robbery, conspiracy to possess firearm conspiracy to possess a firearm (a pistol) with intent to endanger life, possession of ammunition and conspiracy to supply class A drugs at Wood Green Crown Court. The client was the lead singer in a number of drill music videos.
Notable cases – general crime
- R v B – Acquittal of the client who had been accused of violent disorder following police attendance at a rave.
- R v C – Client accused of assault and possession of an offensive weapon. The case was discontinued following representations and psychiatric evidence obtained by the defence showing the client was unwell.
Notable cases – Road Traffic
- R v C – Client was acquitted of causing death by dangerous driving after his vehicle collided with a parked caravan resulting in the death of 2 people, the serious injury of four others and a further four people were hospitalised. All of the casualties were from the same family.
- R v N – Successfully defended client accused of causing death by careless driving whilst driving a lorry. A cyclist has passed on the inside of the lorry and was crushed. Client acquitted.
- R v H – Client was acquitted of death by careless driving after a cyclist was knocked down at a double roundabout. The defence presented evidence of the likely route taken by the cyclist.
- R v C – Client charged with causing death by careless driving. The client had reversed from a driveway onto a main road and there was a collision with a motor cyclist. The Crown asserted that the passenger should have acted as a banksman. This was successfully refuted and the client was acquitted after a successful half time submission.
- Accredited police station representative
- Duty solicitor
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association
Client feedback quotes:
If the need should ever come up, I would not hesitate to put my full trust in TV Edwards.
Commendations to all you for your professional support, advice and representations. As always a special thanks to Adrienne Wright.
I cannot praise enough the service I had from you.
Helpful, friendly, honest.