Charlotte qualified as a solicitor in 2015 and joined our Family Finance team in 2017, she became an associate in 2019.
She advises married and unmarried couples on all aspects of private family law. Charlotte has wide experience in divorce and separation and the financial consequences. She undertakes a full range of financial work, including working on complex and high-value cases. She has particular experience in family-run businesses and the complexities often involved. Charlotte takes a hands-on, pragmatic approach to cases with more limited assets, encouraging sensible thinking and appropriate boundaries.
Charlotte also advises parents about arrangements for their children and represents applicants and respondents in cases involving allegations of domestic abuse. She has regularly provided pro bono advice for non profit organisations.
As a member of Resolution, Charlotte is committed to approaching matters in a non-confrontational and constructive way, which enables her to progress cases in a cost-effective and sensible manner. Charlotte provides timely, sensitive and sensible advice throughout family proceedings in order to ensure that a successful outcome can be achieved as quickly as possible for her clients.
Charlotte's case examples:
- Securing a substantial lump sum payment for a wife seven years after separation when the husband alleged that a binding agreement had already been reached.
- Representing a wife where the husband has been convicted of number of crimes against her, arguing that his conduct should be taken into account in the financial settlement
- Representing a husband varying a previous consent order when an injury had subsequently left him unable to work.
- Assisting in a case with multiple businesses and properties where it was argued that the husband’s bad behaviour should be taken into account.
- Achieving a successful outcome for a husband where there was a family business and various assets owned jointly with his family members.
- Successfully securing the return and change of residence for three children to their father when their mother had unilaterally removed them to another country.
- Securing an order allowing a wife and children to remain in the former family home until the youngest child turned 18 years old in a case where there were limited assets.
Charlotte is a Resolution accredited specialist in complex financial remedies and domestic abuse.
Charlotte Kay has been doing a superb job of handling my divorce proceedings and so far has been very responsive and sympathetic to my situation.
On the subject of Charlotte please can she be given the work place equivalent of a great big gold star. Throughout this process she has impressed me by being absolutely professional and committed to helping get the best possible outcome, she especially put in a huge amount of work on the statement for which I am very grateful. At court yesterday she was thoughtful and able to explain things clearly and knowing she was absolutely on my side was a great support for me. Please pass my sincere thanks to her and I hope she can be professionally acknowledged for her first class work.
I would firstly like to thank you for all the help you have done for me and I really appreciate what you have done for me and my little family. Thank you for making time and sorting out everything for me.
Firstly, I want to say a big thank you to you for your help and support! I know I always have questions and thank you for your patience. Honestly, I do not know what I would have done without you.
You not only provided us with a future but during the hardest and difficult times you motivated and took the time to support me when I wanted to give up! Without you we would not have such a positive future to look forward to. You gave a child a fighting chance to succeed, and turned around a situation which seemed so bleak.
I felt Charlotte was the strength I needed while dealing with my divorce and housing issues. Her support was tremendous she does her job so well. I was always informed and updated with information and I could see her anytime I needed too.