Forum joined TV Edwards in 2011 and qualified as a solicitor in 2014. Forum specialises in cases concerning children and represents parents in a wide variety of private and public law cases. Forum was shortlisted as Young Family Solicitor of the Year at the 2019 Lexis Nexis Family Law Awards.
Forum has a particular interest in cases involving international abduction and relocation, and she has been accredited by Resolution as a specialist family lawyer with a particular specialism in child abduction. As a result, Forum receives instructions directly from the International Child Abduction & Contact Unit (ICACU). She has expertise in acting for both Applicants and Respondents in cases concerning the 1980 Hague Convention.
Forum also regularly represents parties in applications made under the Inherent Jurisdiction of the High Court/Wardship and child abduction cases involving Non Hague Convention countries.
Forum also regularly represents parents and grandparents within care proceedings. Her expertise in international children law means that she is regularly instructed to represent parents who reside abroad and seek for their child to be placed with them.
Forum also acts in cases involving disputes in respect of the living and contact arrangements for children, including applications to relocate permanently to another jurisdiction. These include cases where there has been a history of drug and alcohol abuse, a history of domestic abuse as well as allegations of parental alienation.
Forum is accredited in domestic abuse by Resolution and as a result is able to represent victims of domestic abuse in securing protective injunctions, including non molestation orders and occupations orders at short notice.
Forum is able to advise on the law relating to domestic and international surrogacy and has recently been successful in securing Parental Orders for surrogacy arrangements made in Thailand and Nepal.
Forum is a very competent advocate and regularly undertakes her own advocacy.
Resolution accredited specialist in Child Abduction and Domestic Abuse
Forum is listed in the independent legal directory Legal500, which lists Forum as a key lawyer in the department and states that "Forum Shah is way ahead of her peers with her level of knowledge and expertise". It notes that the team is particularly strong in international children matters.
Member of the Child Abduction Lawyer’s Association (CALA), Resolution and Young Legal Aid Lawyers.
Forum was shortlisted for the Family Law Young Solicitor of the Year 2019 at the LexisNexis Family Law Awards.
MK and RP (Hague Child Abduction Convention)  EWHC 1475 (Fam)
YC v AC  EWHC 2406 (Fam)
Re W (A Child)  EWCA 2152 (Civ)
KW v RM  EWHC 3814 (Fam) (25 October 2017)
M v G  EWHC 1712 (Fam) (22 June 2017)
Re C (Children)  EWFC B45 (4 February 2016)
Recent work highlights
· Representing a father in public law proceedings where there were concerns regarding the child suffering a non accidental injury. After considerable medical and expert evidence, child was returned to his parents.
· Representing a father in child abduction proceedings, seeking the return of the children. The issues related to child’s objections and risk of harm to the children. The court made an order for return, on a suspended basis which was considered to be a novel approach.
· Representing a father in child abduction proceedings, seeking the return of his child. At the same time, the Local Authority was also involved due to child protection concerns. Issues concerned the mother’s mental health and grave risk of harm. Return ordered and mother appealed. Appeal dismissed.
· Securing Parental Order for clients following surrogacy agreement reached in Thailand.
· Representing clients in their application for a Parental Order where the main issue concerned domicile of the family.
Fluent in Gujarati and conversational Hindi
‘Outstanding help especially Forum Shah, she was amazing. First class service. I am so happy that Forum Shah helped me get my son back to us where he belongs’
‘A big thank you to Forum Shah for retrieving my daughter and getting her returned to me’
‘Forum was truly outstanding, attentive and informative. Excellent work! She is truly the best of the best’
‘Forum was great at her job. I would recommend her to anyone without hesitation’