Lorraine joined TV Edwards in 2016 and is a supervising solicitor. She previously worked in a law firm in Kent specialising in criminal law. She qualified as a duty solicitor in 2014 and worked on several complex fraud cases before joining the TV Edwards team.
Lorraine works as a duty solicitor and has extensive experience in all areas of general crime and has represented clients stand accused of murder, robbery, serious assaults, drugs offences, road traffic offences and fraud. She represents clients at the police station, the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court.
Lorraine routinely represents clients interviewed under caution by the police. She is well equipped to advise clients about their rights in custody and make representations to custody sergeants in respect of bail issues and other matters arising at the police station.
Lorraine provides high quality advice and assistant to clients in the Magistrates’ and Youth Court. She frequently represents youth clients facing serious charges as well as providing advice to victims of child exploitation. In such cases she had persuaded the CPS to discontinue them.
Lorraine is a skilled advocate at the Magistrates court and obtains the best results for her clients. Lorraine is resourceful and thorough in her approach and precise when explaining the law and advising clients. She has made successful representations both at the police station and youth court to the CPS for out of court disposals for her clients, thereby avoiding a criminal conviction.
- R v F – 14 year old charged with s18 GBH. Severe injuries sustained. In depth preparation was carried out, which included several expert reports which assisted Counsel who represented Client at trial. Client acquitted.
- R v Y – A 16 year old faced three separate charges of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and simple possession of cannabis. Lorraine made successful representations to the Crown to discontinue all cases after obtaining a successful NRM decision confirming the client was a victim of modern slavery.
- R v V – Client faced a dangerous driving charge in the youth court. Lorraine persuaded the Crown and the Youth offending team to return case back to the police for a youth caution.
- R v P – Client was one of three youths charged with robbery whereby the victim was stabbed and sustained serious injuries. Extensive work carried out which included expert reports. Client received a community order.
- R v D – Client acquitted of s20 GBH by a jury trial in the Crown Court after successfully arguing that he acted in self-defence.
- R v H – Client among several defendants charged with Conspiracy to cause GBH with intent. After several legal arguments, the client convicted of violent disorder.
- R v E – Client charged with her twenty second violent theft offence in four years as well as a breach of a conditional discharge. Convincing mitigation made by Lorraine. The court imposed a further conditional discharge.
- R v G – The client was charged with false imprisonment and ABH and four further charges of assaulting his partner. A successful bail application was made in the Magistrates court by Lorraine and the Crown later offered no evidence to all charges.
- R v W – Possession of a weapon under the Firearms Act. Client sentenced to a Community order.
- R v A – Client charged with domestic criminal damage. Crown offered no evidence after Lorraine persuaded the Crown to review the case.
- R v S – Crown offered no evidence in the case of witness intimidation at the Crown Court.
- Accredited police station representative
- Duty solicitor
- Youth Practitioners Association
- South London Legal Advice Clinic
Client Feedback Quotes
I want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you. Your support has been fantastic, I don’t know what I would have done without you
Really very good and trustful lawyer
Advice, information and guidance was excellent
It was a pleasure having Lorraine navigate me through a very unpleasant experience
Very satisfied with the level of service provided by Lorraine