Lucy joined the firm in 2016 and worked as a paralegal in the Family department assisting with children and domestic abuse matters before securing a training contract. Lucy qualified as a solicitor in 2019.
Lucy is a member of the Family Finance team where she advises clients on their divorce or civil partnership and the financial consequences. Lucy has regularly acted for clients in negotiating settlements outside of court and drafting financial consent orders once matters have been agreed. Lucy also acts for clients where court proceedings become necessary, including where there are complex disclosure issues.
Lucy assists senior fee earners in cases involving complex financial remedies, such as cases involving significant pensions, properties and business assets.
Lucy regularly advises parents where there is a dispute regarding the living or contact arrangements of children. Lucy has particular experience in representing parents in applications for child arrangements orders where there are allegations of domestic abuse, including cases in which fact finding hearings are necessary. This has included cases which involve the evidence of third party witnesses as well as evidence from the police, local authorities and medical practitioners or other experts. Lucy has also advised clients on the inclusion of video and telephone recordings for fact finding hearings.
Lucy also has significant experience in acting for both applicants and respondents in domestic abuse matters such as applications for non-molestation orders and occupation orders
Lucy’s recent case examples include:
- Advising a client seeking for his child to spend time with him. The proceedings included a fact finding hearing in which a number of cross allegations were made and also contested interim hearing on contact issues
- Advising a respondent on an application for a non-molestation order where serious allegations are made against them
- Advising a client on the dissolution of their civil partnership and the financial implications of the same. This included advice on inheritance and assets acquired before the partnership
- Taking over conduct of a wife’s case part way through financial proceedings, securing an adjournment of a forthcoming hearing, acting expeditiously to assimilate to the case, bringing outstanding court-mandated preparation up to date and progressing the case successfully
- Drafting a financial consent order following a settlement being agreed between a husband and a wife and lodging the order with the court
- Advising a client on the implementation of a mesher order
“You are always so patient and calm with a person (me) who is very stressed, somewhat disheartened and upset - and I really appreciate that. It helps lift my spirit”
“I would like to say a huge thank you for your help in dealing with this matter for me so professionally.”