Maeve qualified as a solicitor in 2016 and joined our Family Finance team in 2019. She is also a qualified solicitor in Ireland. She has experience in all areas of private family law, but specialises particularly in divorce and its financial implications. She has particular experience in cases with multiple assets including properties in this jurisdiction and overseas, family businesses and the associated intricacies often involved. She is also experienced in matters involving third parties.
Maeve takes a pragmatic and sensible approach to cases with more limited assets and encourages proactive progress of matters. She also assists on cases with very significant assets and takes a robust approach once involved in court proceedings.
Maeve also has experience in private children matters and advises parents in relation to child arrangements orders and in respect of issues arising from domestic abuse.
Maeve's case examples:
- Acting for a wife in a case involving a complex family business structure as well as multiple properties where it was found by the court that the husband had behaved dishonestly.
- Achieving a successful outcome for a wife whose husband’s father, who claimed a beneficial interest in a property legally owned by husband and wife, was joined to the proceedings as an intervener.
- Achieving a successful outcome for a husband where there was a family business and various assets owned jointly with his family members.
- Securing an order allowing a wife and three children to remain in the former family home until the youngest child turned 18 years old in a case where there were limited assets.
- Acting for a husband in financial remedy proceedings following overseas divorce.
- Securing a settlement in a cohabitation dispute which had been ongoing for four years.
- Successfully achieving a shared care arrangement for a two year old boy in contested proceedings for a father with a complex shift pattern.
As a member of Resolution, Maeve is committed to approaching matters in a non-confrontational and constructive way, which enables her to progress cases in a cost-effective and sensible manner. Maeve provides timely, sensitive and pragmatic advice throughout family proceedings in order to ensure that a successful outcome can be achieved as quickly as possible for her clients.
Maeve became interested in family law during her training contract in Dublin due to the variety involved in the work and its client-facing nature.
I would highly recommend Maeve for her professional service.
Maeve made everything clear and understandable to me. She guided me all the way through and has always kept me in the loop.
I was separating with my partner and I needed help with child arrangements, the partner suggested Maeve act for me on my matter. Maeve is an amazing solicitor: an honest, precise, and ambitious professional who understands family law, she helped me get the maximum and enjoy quality time with my son. I would highly recommend Maeve Lucey as a professional who has the best interests of her clients in mind.
Your kindness, warmth and understanding shone through and I was proved right, as it has continued throughout this journey with you. I will always be grateful to you for your warmth of spirit and patient explanation of procedures that were alien to me.